Backup You Can Trust - For More Than 29 Years!
BRU Producer's Edition 3.1.3 Update Now Available!
The latest release for BRU Producer's Edition - 3.1 - Is available starting July, 1st. The update to 3.1 is free for all current BRU PE 3.x users.
New Features in BRU PE 3.1 include:
- Added support for Final Cut Pro X (10.0 and 10.1) providing one-click selection of all FCP X assets (projects and events or new library bundles), Motion generators and templates, and FxPlug plugins. This feature will also track referenced files and automatically include them in the archive created.
- Added support for drag and drop of FCP X .fcpxml files for both archival and restore selections.
- Added support for drag and drop of CMX3600 EDL files for both archival and restore selection. (additional license required)
- Added support for mid-range tape libraries supporting up to 50 slots. (additional license required)
- Added new Studio / Production detail XML file creation that includes generation of QR Code labels for archive set tape storage. This XML file contains the details about a production that major studios require for deliverables.
New in 3.1.3
- Dramatically imporved performance when expanding a drive folder in Advanced Mode or when expanding an archived folder that contained a large number of file entries.
- Resolved an issue that could cause an Advanced Mode archive job to not properly prompt the user to insert a tape if a tape was not in the drive.
- Resolved an issue that could cause job completion email to fail sending
TOLIS Group Software and Hardware Bundles Compatible with OS X 10.9 Mavericks
With the pending release of Apple's new OS X Mavericks, we are happy to announce that BRU PE 3.x+, TOLIS Tape Tools, BRU Server, and all ArGest hardware solutions are fully compatible with the new version of OS X.
Comparing BRU's feature set to LTFS
Our team is constantly asked to compare BRU's features and abilities against those of LTFS.
This table provides an easy to follow comparison based upon published specifications instead of marketing hype.
BRU Producer's Edition™ from TOLIS Group makes archiving creative artists' assets as easy as drag, drop, and click.
Broadcast, Music and Film Industry production teams now have a reliable, flexible, and easy-to-use solution to protect key creative digital assets regardless of their computer technical knowledge. BRU PE also delivers a clear and easy-to-follow workflow for graphic designers as well.
The functionality of BRU PE was defined with input from members of SMPTE, ASC, AES and NARAS to assure pertinence to the media and entertainment industry.